I love love love these! I know they’re not cards, or any kind of paper craft, but I just couldn’t contain my excitement. I had to show you! It’s amazing to make them and watch the colours come to life as they swim across the tile – especially when you blend in the metallic bits, then watch it soak into textured layers.. and the stamp at the end.. ooh la la! I had fun getting my fingers covered in a nice layer of permanent ink. It was worth it for these results. They now sit proudly on my coffee table. I’ll take orders if you need gifts for friends ;-)
Rough tumbled marble tiles
Alcohol Inks (2 colours that would go well together)
Alcohol blending solution
Gold painty pen
StazOn Ink pad
Stamps of your choice
Mini felt furniture pads (1cm in diametre)
A clear finishing spray
- Dust off the tiles so they’re fairly clean
- Drip about 6 drops of each colour of alcohol ink, plus 6 more of the blending solution onto the flat end of a makeup sponge
- Daub away at your tile. Keep on daubing.
- Add more inks and blending solution if you need to
- Do a second or third coat
- Draw a few little squiggles of gold ink onto the tile
- Add *only* blending solution to your sponge and daub gently at the gold until you get some nice pools of it across the tile. You don’t want too much gold or your ink won’t show up when you stamp.
- Allow to dry, then stamp your images carefully in StazOn ink.
- Allow to dry again, then spray with your craft fixative or finishing spray
- Attach felt pads to each of the corners, and you have a beautiful hand-made coaster.