I made an exciting purchase yesterday. But first, try this recipe. Seriously.
I am so crazy for this recipe that I just had to share! It’s for strawberry-watermelon slushie, or pops. I originally got it from Our Best Bites, and have made a few modifications.
Strawberry Watermelon Slushie
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (or lime’s good too)
- 1/3 cup splenda (do not use 1/3 cup from the packets – they’re a lot more concentrated!)
- about 2 cups watermelon cubes
- about 3/4 pint fresh or frozen strawberries
- some ice cubes
- vodka (optional) – about 4 oz
Blend everything but the ice and vodka, until smooth, then add cubes with blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time. Stir in vodka, if using.
Omit the vodka, and freeze them into these yummy pops. I’m in heaven.
My exciting (to me) news? I got myself a sewing machine yesterday! After much searching and reading reviews and talking to people, and reading more reviews, and looking at sales, I got this one! The Babylock Grace. I’m in love. Now I need to learn to sew. My first project was to hem some tights, and I must say, they turned out lovely.