I’m always on the lookout for cards that I can give to guys. Birthdays are definitely no exception! Keeping a fairly neutral theme (candles!) seems to work, especially if I avoid using pink and purple, or any swirly flowers. So today I was playing with my VersaMark ink pad (so useful!) and chalks. It’s quick, easy, and looks pretty neat. The biggest task is cutting out the cardstock and sticking everything together.
- Coloured Cardstock cut to size
- Candles stamp (Inkadinkado) and birthday stamp
- VersaMark Ink
- VersaFine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Coloured chalks and a stiff paintbrush
- Craft fixative spray (or aerosol hairspray – not so “memory safe”)
- 2 way glue pen
- Prisma Glitter
- Stamp the candles on white cardstock with VersaMark ink.
- While the ink’s still wet, brush coloured chalks over the image. The stiff brush works well here to pick up chalk powder. I like to use a brush meant for acrylic paint.
- Spray lightly with the craft fixative and allow to dry.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment in Versafine Ink
- Glue everything together
- Brush some lines of glue on the candle flames with the 2-way pen, and sprinkle on a bit of Prisma Glitter.